Thursday 9 May 2013

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Time to be all sentimental...

Today was the last day of trimester two. I can't believe how quickly it's come round. It feels like just yesterday I was starting this course back in September with no idea what to expect. Now, techincally, there are no more classes. Trimester three is all about the dissertation.

It's been a rollercoaster ride. I never imagined back at the beginning how stressful the experience was going to be. Undergrad had a few hairy moments, especially around exam time, but this course has taken me to a whole other level. At times it felt like each week a new problem emerged to add to all the others we were trying to juggle. Producing the book and two magazines has been more of an exercise of what not to do than what to do. It's shown me that working in a team is vital. It's also extremely difficult.

Has it been a worthwhile experience? Yes, it has. I have gained knowledge of producing books and magazines and I feel more confident when applying for publishing jobs. I know I can handle high pressure situations now. While I didn't enjoy the set backs and the stress, it has made me stronger.

But the best thing to come out of the course is the wonderful people I have met. I could never have foreseen
that I would make so many close friends. I've never been part of such a wide circle of friends before, but we really do all get on so well. We've bonded and had many good times over the last few months. These are the people that have kept me going in week on week, even when all I wanted to do was throw a tantrum and tell the university I was quitting.




So this post is dedicated to them. Thanks for making the past nine months so memorable. Here's to writing our dissertations! And hopefully there are many more memories still to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment