Tuesday 2 April 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

Hope everyone had a good Easter.


It's been a busy old time for me. With less than two weeks now until the London Book Fair (I cannot tell you how excited I am for this) and only three weeks after the Easter break until the end of term, there's a whole load of deadlines approaching.

The good news is that Buzz Magazine is now complete. Those of you who live in Edinburgh, look out for it in coffee shops, bars and hotels from April 18th. 


There is still a lot of work to do for Publisher's Inc and our book project, however. In order to keep a track of it all, I've decided to make this a sort of  virtual 'To Do' list. So far I have completed the following:

  • Proofing for The Camomile (ALL of it - 200+ pages. That was my Easter weekend. It was good fun, though. Editing work always gives me a sort of buzz.)
  • Designing a potential book cover (took me an entire day, but I enjoy the creativity involved in designing.)

Things still to do:

  • Dissertation research (I made a start on it, but had to abdon it due to a severe lack of any helpful resources that resulted in a massive headache. If anyone knows any good books/articles on cover design, marketing and the fantasy genre please let me know. I'll love you forever.)
  • Create three different spreads for the article I am designing for Publisher's Inc. It's a four page spread so that's like, 12 different pages. No pressure then.
  • Read! I started off this year determined to read a book a week, but it's not happening. My time is being eaten up by uni work. I'm also rarely at home these days, so the opportunity to read seldom presents itself. My aim is to try and read 4 over the holiday (that's 2 books a week).
  • Apply for jobs (I have already applied for a few publishing ones, but I need a part time job too. Seriously lacking in money right now).
  • Write something (which is ridiculous because I NEVER have the time to write, and I don't know how I can make time for it from everything else that I do in a day. But I haven't written in ages and I'm worried I'll get rusty. Also, there are so many ideas bouncing about in my mind, wanting me to write them down. It seems criminal not to at least try.)
  • Buy new clothes for London (I need to look my best at the Book Fair. How else to impress all those potential employers?)
  • Catch up on sleep.

Not a lot to do, then, really. Guess I better get started to it.





No comments:

Post a Comment