Sunday 30 June 2013

A World of Books

It's all starting to get very busy what with dissertation and placement, and from next week I am working four days instead of  just two. I am sorry for not updating my blog as often as I should, but finding time is an issue, as is finding things to blog about. Unfortunately there's not much other than dissertation and work going on at the moment, and I don't want to bore those brave souls amongst you who venture here to read my blog. You may be thinking, well, then, update us on your book project and on Publishers Inc. Alas, there is nothing to report. They are both currently being proofed for the millionth time, but hopefully one day soon I will be able to bring you news on them.

So, in the midst of all this, you would think that I would not be adding yet more books to my reading list. I honestly don't have as much time for reading as I would like right now. Whenever I can, I snatch some hours, but I am not getting through my books as quickly as I would like. A sensible person would realise that adding to the list right now would be rather stupid. A sensible person would focus on completing the books in the 'To Read' pile before adding more. I, however, am not a sensible person.

My current reading pile
This is my current 'To Read' pile. That doesn't include the books I still want to buy. In the last few weeks so many good books have been published, many of them additions to series I've already started. It pains me that I have yet to buy Neil Gaiman's Ocean at the End of the Lane, but as soon as I actually have money again I'm rushing out to get it. Since reading the first two pages of The Humans and being told how brilliant it is by my friend Lauren (who does have an eye for a good book), I now want to get a copy of that. I also discovered that the same author wrote a children's book called To Be a Cat. I cannot resist stories about cats. Moreover, I've been promising myself to read Looking for Alaska and the rest of the Game of Throne books (which will likely take a whole year), and as if that was not enough to make your head spin, I have been enjoying Daniela Sacerdoti's Dreams so much that I am definitely going to read Watch Over Me.

There are also plenty of books coming out in the future that I must have. These are books that I have been waiting for impatiently. First there is The Fiery Heart, the third Bloodlines book by Richelle Mead. I love the Bloodlines series. To be more specific, I love Sydney and Adrian, and the moment that book is out I need it in my hands. I have to find out what happens now they are in a relationship. Incidentally, Richelle's new adult novel, Gameboard of the Gods, is another that I want to get my hands on.


Equally essential to my life is City of Heavenly Fire, the next in The Mortal Instruments series. If you know me, you know how excited I am about The City of Bones film releasing in August. My excitement for the next book is on a par with that.

And then there is the book that I have been waiting for for the last two years. The book that I would climb over mountains and swim oceans to get to. It is Tempt the Stars, the sixth Cassie Palmer book. It doesn't come out to October and I am counting down the days. I will most likely scream when I actually get it, such is my level of anticipation. After the events of Hunt the Moon, I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT! I need my new dose of all things Cassie (and, of course, I need more Cassie & Pritkin in my life).

So there we have it, a 'To Read' list that is ridiculously long and for which I don't have the time to dedicate. That will not stop me from adding to it, though. Oh no. As someone said to me recently, it's something to look forward to when the dissertation is all over. I plan on taking a week out and just reading day and night. In the meantime, does anyone have any other books they can recommend me?

No comments:

Post a Comment