Friday 15 March 2013

Red Nose Day

Just a short post today in honour of Comic Relief.

I have a few fond memories of Red Nose Day. At school it was one of my favourite days in the year because we got to dress in 'home' clothes and do something fun, like wear a wig. One year our teachers all came to school in their pyjamas. We did have fun and we used to raise quite a bit of money too.


I love the idea of Comic Relief and other charity events like them. Especially in this day and age, I think it's good for us to give rather than take for once. There are so many children out there (adults too) living in conditions we can't even begin to imagine. Watching the Comic Relief clips of the people the money goes towards helping always leaves me with a new appreciation of everything I have. It puts our lives into perspective a bit, I think.

The red noses this year are just fantastic! I bought the triceytops one because he is so adorable. The production team for Buzz Magazine decided to all bring noses in to class yesterday and snap pics of ourselves in them. We wanted to spread the pics about Facebook and Twitter and to try and get Comic Relief trending, but alas, things got a bit hectic yesterday (last-minute deadlines!) so it didn't quite take off. But tonight we are all gathering to watch the annual TV antics. It should be a nice way to relax after what has been a rather stressful week. And hopefully this year the good old British public will raise even more money than before.

Come on Britain, get your noses on!

My Comic Relief essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment